New Castle News

October 23, 2012

Mahoning firemen arrive at stove fire

By Staff
New Castle News

NEW CASTLE — A meal apparently got away from a Mahoning Township resident.

The Mahoning Township Volunteer Fire Department was called to a house at 200 Gary Lane about 7:45 p.m. Saturday.

Fire Chief Francis “Poncho” Exposito said firefighters arrived to find a stove fire. He said there was no fire damage but the building filled with smoke. Firefighters were at the scene for about a half-hour.

The property is owned by Norman Curtri of Florida, according to county property records. The name of the occupant was not available.