New Castle News

Police Reports

October 23, 2012

Mahoning firemen arrive at stove fire

NEW CASTLE — A meal apparently got away from a Mahoning Township resident.

The Mahoning Township Volunteer Fire Department was called to a house at 200 Gary Lane about 7:45 p.m. Saturday.

Fire Chief Francis “Poncho” Exposito said firefighters arrived to find a stove fire. He said there was no fire damage but the building filled with smoke. Firefighters were at the scene for about a half-hour.

The property is owned by Norman Curtri of Florida, according to county property records. The name of the occupant was not available.

1
Text Only | Photo Reprints
Police Reports
House Ads
Poll

Georgia Gov. Nathan Deal signed “unprecedented” legislation yesterday to expand gun rights in his state. Good idea?

Yes. Expanding the scope of where people can carry guns can help halt violent crimes and make those places safer.
No. Carrying guns into bars and schools is NEVER a good idea. I think it will lead to more violence.
Not sure, but I don’t plan to visit Georgia any time soon.
     View Results