New Castle News
NEW CASTLE —
A teenager has been charged with threatening to “shoot up” New Castle High School.
City police said a woman was sitting in her vehicle in the area of Highland and Wallace avenues Thursday morning when she saw two male juveniles walk by. She told officers one of them had said he was angry, adding, “This is bull----. I’m going to shoot up the school. Are you down?”
The other replied, “Yeah, yeah, I know,” according to police.
Officers were notified of the incident at 11:37 a.m. Police said they soon found one of the teens at the school and the witness identified him as the one who had made the threat.
Meanwhile, the school was put on lockdown for approximately 10 minutes, according to Police Chief Bobby Salem.
Police learned the boys, who both are 17, had been suspended from school Thursday morning for an incident in a classroom.
The teen who alledgedly said he wanted to shoot up the school was taken to the police station, but denied making any threats. The other teen was taken to the station by his father. He told police that they really didn’t say anything except that they were annoyed and that it was “bull----”
The one juvenile allegedly making the threat was charged with terroristic threats and placed in the Krause Youth Shelter.
The other juvenile was released to his father. The police officer told them the district attorney’s office would be consulted about the incident.