New Castle News

October 31, 2013

Vacate notice issued to residents


New Castle News

NEW CASTLE — New Castle’s code enforcement department has issued a vacate notice to the occupants of a Hillcrest Avenue home.

The house at 315 E. Hillcrest Ave. was the scene of a shooting Oct. 18 that left three people injured.

The house went up for tax sale by the county for delinquent taxes, but the property was not sold. It was placed in the county’s repository.

Anthony Cioffi, code enforcement foreman, explained that because the house has been occupied by someone other than the owner, it is considered a rental property. The house had not been registered and certified as a rental property by the city and, therefore, a vacate notice was issued last week, he said.

Occupants are given 10 days to vacate, but if they need more time, Cioffi said, “we’ll give them more time.”