New Castle News

September 25, 2012

Second man wanted in Arlington home invasion

Debbie Wachter
New Castle News

NEW CASTLE — New Castle police have charged a second man in connection with a Sept. 8 home invasion on Arlington Avenue.

Corey Brandon Phillips, 21, who has addresses at 601 N. Vine St. and 613 Pearson St., is wanted by police for the alleged offense and is still at large. A warrant has been issued for his arrest.

Police previously had arrested his alleged accomplice, 18-year-old Anthony Aeschbacher of 409 Spruce St. and charged him with theft, and conspiracy to commit robbery, burglary and simple assault. He was lodged in the Lawrence County jail on $10,000 and has waived his case to court.

Phillips faces seven counts of robbery, three counts of terroristic threats, three counts of conspiracy to commit robbery, one count of conspiracy to commit burglary, simple assault, theft and conspiracy to commit theft.

Police said the alleged robbery occurred around 12:30 p.m. when two men entered a couple’s house with a gun.

The couple and another man who was there told officers that Aeschbacher knocked at their front door and as the woman opened the door, an unknown man entered behind him. They both ran into the kitchen and the residents followed them, and the unknown man, later identified as Phillips, told them to empty their pockets.

Then he lifted his shirt and showed a gun that was tucked inside his waistband.

One of the residents said that the men left with a pack of Newport cigarettes, and that the man identified as Phillips threatened that they would go back and shoot them if they called the police.

The couple identified Phillips, whose nickname is “Sleepy Boi,” from a photo lineup.

(Email: dwachter@ncnewsonline.com)