New Castle News
NEW CASTLE — Two people were jailed after they allegedly beat up a woman in a Pulaski Township mobile home park.
Pulaski police reported that during Tuesday’s alleged fight over rent, James Arnold Caszatt, 37, of 197 Hyland Lane, New Bedford, struck the 42-year-old victim with a CB antenna from a car, severely injuring her left eye. She sought medical treatment at a hospital.
According to police, the fight started with an argument between Caszatt’s live-in girlfriend, Tanya Renee Burk, 35, and the woman and her boyfriend, over unpaid rent, and their encounter escalated into a physical fight.
Police said Caszatt lives across from a mobile home that he rents to the couple in the Hyland Mobile Home Park.
The woman told police Caszatt had grabbed the antenna from the trunk of a car and hit her in the face with it and Burk had grabbed her by her hair and pushed her to the ground.
A neighbor who witnessed the incident told police she had seen Caszatt grab the antenna and whip the woman in the face and had seen Burk grab the woman by the hair, pull her to the ground and hit her.
Police said the woman also suffered a long cut on her leg and cuts on her face.
Caszatt is charged with aggravated assault and both he and Burk are charged with simple assault, recklessly endangering another person, harassment and disorderly conduct.
They were arraigned by District Judge Scott McGrath, who set Caszatt’s bond at $50,000 and Burk’s at $5,000.
Pulaski police had arrested Caszatt in March for allegedly driving to the Pulaski Elementary School to pick up a child while wearing a 9-inch knife with a 5-inch blade on his belt. Police said he also had a container of six hydrocodone pills in his pocket. They alleged he had been under the influence of narcotics and is not the father of the child he was picking up.
Caszatt was charged with possessing weapons on school property, possession of a controlled substance and two counts each of driving under the influence and use or possession of drug paraphernalia in connection with that incident.
He entered a guilty plea to driving under the influence last month and is to be sentenced at 1:30 p.m. Sept. 11. The remainder of the charges for that incident are to be dropped under the plea bargain, according to court records.