New Castle News

Local News

December 27, 2013

Fire damages chicken coop

NEW CASTLE — Officials said it’s possible a cigarette flicked from the alley caused about $1,500 damage to a North Hill chicken coop.

The structure is located at t the home of Alan Martin, 319 Boyles Ave. Both it and a white van parked alongside it yesterday afternoon were damaged.

 Firefighter Mike Kobbe said the blaze was accidental and caused $500 damage to the structure and $1,000 to the van, which had damage to the paint and windows.

There were no chickens in the building at the time of the fire.

Six firefighters, two pumpers and squad car were on the scene for about a half-hour.

1
Text Only | Photo Reprints
Local News