New Castle News
NEW CASTLE —
Editor, The News:
In his letter of Dec. 15, Joseph Waltenbaugh claims Mitt Romney lost the election because conservatives stayed home.
No, he lost the presidency because of the radical right-wing ideologies of the Republican Party and Romney’s stupid remarks that are out of touch with mainstream America.
Let’s examine some of the “deviants” and “misfits” on the Republican side:
(1) Todd Akin, “A woman can’t get pregnant from a ‘legitimate’ rape.” (Some quack doctor told him that.)
(2) Richard Murdock, “If a woman gets pregnant from being raped, it’s God’s will.” Too bad God didn’t “will” him any brains.
(3) “Global warming is a hoax,” “Evolution is a hoax,” “Clean energy is a hoax,” “The Earth is only 9,000 years old.” Wow. These jokers (science deniers) would have been in charge of public education if Romney won.
(4) A fertilized egg is a “person” with constitutional rights. (But a woman, a Muslim or a homosexual isn’t.)
(5) Make it easier to get a gun, but make it harder to vote. (If I’m a resident of Pennsylvania, I can’t vote in another state, but I can have a gun permit from another state. That’s nuts.)
(6) Your employer’s religious beliefs should determine what medical benefits you get or don’t get. (Legalized discrimination).
(7) Deregulate everything except our bodies and bedrooms.
(8) Forty-seven percent of the American public are moochers who just want “free stuff from the government.” Gee, I wonder if Mitt Romney would have taken all the “free stuff from the government” (taxpayers) he would have been “entitled” to as president?
Old Princeton Road