NEW CASTLE —
Editor, The News:
In his letter of Dec. 15, Joseph Waltenbaugh claims Mitt Romney lost the election because conservatives stayed home.
No, he lost the presidency because of the radical right-wing ideologies of the Republican Party and Romney’s stupid remarks that are out of touch with mainstream America.
Let’s examine some of the “deviants” and “misfits” on the Republican side:
(1) Todd Akin, “A woman can’t get pregnant from a ‘legitimate’ rape.” (Some quack doctor told him that.)
(2) Richard Murdock, “If a woman gets pregnant from being raped, it’s God’s will.” Too bad God didn’t “will” him any brains.
(3) “Global warming is a hoax,” “Evolution is a hoax,” “Clean energy is a hoax,” “The Earth is only 9,000 years old.” Wow. These jokers (science deniers) would have been in charge of public education if Romney won.
(4) A fertilized egg is a “person” with constitutional rights. (But a woman, a Muslim or a homosexual isn’t.)
(5) Make it easier to get a gun, but make it harder to vote. (If I’m a resident of Pennsylvania, I can’t vote in another state, but I can have a gun permit from another state. That’s nuts.)
(6) Your employer’s religious beliefs should determine what medical benefits you get or don’t get. (Legalized discrimination).
(7) Deregulate everything except our bodies and bedrooms.
(8) Forty-seven percent of the American public are moochers who just want “free stuff from the government.” Gee, I wonder if Mitt Romney would have taken all the “free stuff from the government” (taxpayers) he would have been “entitled” to as president?
Old Princeton Road
NEW CASTLE —
Editor, The News:
- Letters to the Editor
Letter to the Editor E-form
Send Letter to the Editor E-form
School musicals earn praise from attendee
Editor, The News: One thing I love about spring are the musicals the local high schools perform.
GOP shows no concern for those sent to war
Editor, The News: Here I go again.
Exploiting state champs in order to make money
Editor, The News: It’s been a few weeks since the New Castle boys basketball team capped off a tremendous season by winning the state championship.
Sebelius resignation follows vow to fight
Editor, The News: Kathleen Sebelius was honored at a garden party to celebrate her resignation and the pseudo fact that she orchestrated the signup of 7.5 million people into Obamacare.
Public offered praise for school art show
Editor, The News: We usually procrastinate on writing letters to anyone, but this one was on the top of our list of things to do.
Government must serve all people in the nation
Editor, The News: Bernie Sanders is thinking about running for president.
Failing to watch Fox means missing news
Editor, The News: Leftist Michigan Democratic Congressman John Dingell, talking about Obamacare said, “It takes a long time to do the necessary administrative steps that have to be taken to put legislation together to control the people.”
America’s politicians must serve as leaders
Editor, The News: We love our families and this great country, but looking ahead doesn’t it gives us pause to be concerned about our grandkids and great-grandkids?
Clarence Thomas, wife raise conflict concerns
Editor, The News: As expected and lacking citation, Tea Partier Patty Jenkins maliciously diverts unfounded attention to President Obama instead of Clarence Thomas as the true culprit of shredding the Constitution (March 20).
- More Letters to the Editor Headlines
- Letter to the Editor E-form