NEW CASTLE —
Editor, The News:
In his letter of Dec. 15, Joseph Waltenbaugh claims Mitt Romney lost the election because conservatives stayed home.
No, he lost the presidency because of the radical right-wing ideologies of the Republican Party and Romney’s stupid remarks that are out of touch with mainstream America.
Let’s examine some of the “deviants” and “misfits” on the Republican side:
(1) Todd Akin, “A woman can’t get pregnant from a ‘legitimate’ rape.” (Some quack doctor told him that.)
(2) Richard Murdock, “If a woman gets pregnant from being raped, it’s God’s will.” Too bad God didn’t “will” him any brains.
(3) “Global warming is a hoax,” “Evolution is a hoax,” “Clean energy is a hoax,” “The Earth is only 9,000 years old.” Wow. These jokers (science deniers) would have been in charge of public education if Romney won.
(4) A fertilized egg is a “person” with constitutional rights. (But a woman, a Muslim or a homosexual isn’t.)
(5) Make it easier to get a gun, but make it harder to vote. (If I’m a resident of Pennsylvania, I can’t vote in another state, but I can have a gun permit from another state. That’s nuts.)
(6) Your employer’s religious beliefs should determine what medical benefits you get or don’t get. (Legalized discrimination).
(7) Deregulate everything except our bodies and bedrooms.
(8) Forty-seven percent of the American public are moochers who just want “free stuff from the government.” Gee, I wonder if Mitt Romney would have taken all the “free stuff from the government” (taxpayers) he would have been “entitled” to as president?
Old Princeton Road
NEW CASTLE —
Editor, The News:
- Letters to the Editor
Letter to the Editor E-form
Send Letter to the Editor E-form
God always observes the actions of sinners
Editor, The News: Scripture says be sure your sin will find you out. How true (Numbers 32:23).
Wage rates depend on quality of work
Editor, The News: I think everyone should start working for $50 per hour.
Season ticket holders lose championship seats
Editor, The News: The New Castle Area School District has done it again.
Letter writers ignore key details on issues
Editor, The News: In his claim that Hollywood is redefining marriage, Tim Erson writes as a follower of some visionary instead of a follower of God and His love for all His children (letter, Feb. 13).
Strangers provide aid in dangerous situation
Editor, The News: Recently, I was traveling on Valley Road in Neshannock Township. As I approached a sharp bend, I noticed an orange cone on the shoulder, which I figured was there because of a pothole.
Marriage is a function of state, not religion
Editor, The News: Marriage is a state institution with a non-integral religious component. The lines between these have become blurred.
Tax reform proposal would benefit budget
Editor, The News: Most valuable budget plan: Bernie Sanders’ progressive budget blueprint.
Trapping, neutering cats is way to cut population
Editor, The News: The feral/homeless cat population is now over 30 million. No, they don’t all live in Lawrence County, they are “just” in the United States and they are not at fault.
Changes in society are hard to fathom
Editor, The News: I’m 89 years of age and I am wondering what has happened to the society that was fairly constant during the early years of my life. You ask what’s bothering me?
- More Letters to the Editor Headlines
- Letter to the Editor E-form