NEW CASTLE —
Editor, The News:
In his letter of Dec. 15, Joseph Waltenbaugh claims Mitt Romney lost the election because conservatives stayed home.
No, he lost the presidency because of the radical right-wing ideologies of the Republican Party and Romney’s stupid remarks that are out of touch with mainstream America.
Let’s examine some of the “deviants” and “misfits” on the Republican side:
(1) Todd Akin, “A woman can’t get pregnant from a ‘legitimate’ rape.” (Some quack doctor told him that.)
(2) Richard Murdock, “If a woman gets pregnant from being raped, it’s God’s will.” Too bad God didn’t “will” him any brains.
(3) “Global warming is a hoax,” “Evolution is a hoax,” “Clean energy is a hoax,” “The Earth is only 9,000 years old.” Wow. These jokers (science deniers) would have been in charge of public education if Romney won.
(4) A fertilized egg is a “person” with constitutional rights. (But a woman, a Muslim or a homosexual isn’t.)
(5) Make it easier to get a gun, but make it harder to vote. (If I’m a resident of Pennsylvania, I can’t vote in another state, but I can have a gun permit from another state. That’s nuts.)
(6) Your employer’s religious beliefs should determine what medical benefits you get or don’t get. (Legalized discrimination).
(7) Deregulate everything except our bodies and bedrooms.
(8) Forty-seven percent of the American public are moochers who just want “free stuff from the government.” Gee, I wonder if Mitt Romney would have taken all the “free stuff from the government” (taxpayers) he would have been “entitled” to as president?
Old Princeton Road
NEW CASTLE —
Editor, The News:
- Letters to the Editor
Letter to the Editor E-form
Send Letter to the Editor E-form
Nation has survived without a moral code
Editor, The News: We Americans are proud of the fact that we have had a democracy for several hundred years and yet, we have never had, as a nation, a true moral code.
First Amendment provides for differing viewpoints
Editor, The News: I am replying to Matthew Finamore’s May 3 letter criticizing the newspaper for publishing Joseph Waltenbaugh’s letter criticizing gay marriage.
Homeowners group may be established
Editor, The News: We are optimistic about the progress and direction of our city. More residents are becoming involved with positive change.
Government is reason for Second Amendment
Editor, The News: As a Republican, an American and a man who studied history very diligently, I feel that I must speak up about a letter that I have reason to speak against.
Lost officer provided much to community
Editor, The News: Officer Jerry. That was what we called him at our LCARF meetings.
Recalling a judge with local links
Editor, The News: Gary Lancaster, chief judge of the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania, died recently.
Stand up for New Castle by showing up at polls
Editor, The News: “Stand Up For New Castle.” There is no better way to stand up for New Castle than by voting on Tuesday.
Council fails to embrace value of city’s history
Editor, The News: Concerning the upcoming election for New Castle city council seats:
Community business gives back to people
Editor, The News: I wanted to acknowledge Clark’s Studio for recently assisting the Paws4ACause program that benefited the Lawrence County Humane Society.
- More Letters to the Editor Headlines
- Letter to the Editor E-form