NEW CASTLE —
Editor, The News:
In his letter of Dec. 15, Joseph Waltenbaugh claims Mitt Romney lost the election because conservatives stayed home.
No, he lost the presidency because of the radical right-wing ideologies of the Republican Party and Romney’s stupid remarks that are out of touch with mainstream America.
Let’s examine some of the “deviants” and “misfits” on the Republican side:
(1) Todd Akin, “A woman can’t get pregnant from a ‘legitimate’ rape.” (Some quack doctor told him that.)
(2) Richard Murdock, “If a woman gets pregnant from being raped, it’s God’s will.” Too bad God didn’t “will” him any brains.
(3) “Global warming is a hoax,” “Evolution is a hoax,” “Clean energy is a hoax,” “The Earth is only 9,000 years old.” Wow. These jokers (science deniers) would have been in charge of public education if Romney won.
(4) A fertilized egg is a “person” with constitutional rights. (But a woman, a Muslim or a homosexual isn’t.)
(5) Make it easier to get a gun, but make it harder to vote. (If I’m a resident of Pennsylvania, I can’t vote in another state, but I can have a gun permit from another state. That’s nuts.)
(6) Your employer’s religious beliefs should determine what medical benefits you get or don’t get. (Legalized discrimination).
(7) Deregulate everything except our bodies and bedrooms.
(8) Forty-seven percent of the American public are moochers who just want “free stuff from the government.” Gee, I wonder if Mitt Romney would have taken all the “free stuff from the government” (taxpayers) he would have been “entitled” to as president?
Old Princeton Road
NEW CASTLE —
Editor, The News:
- Letters to the Editor
Letter to the Editor E-form
Send Letter to the Editor E-form
‘State Fair’ displays Playhouse possibilities
Editor, The News: I had a delightful experience attending the New Castle Playhouse opening night performance of “State Fair.”
Dreaming of being local meteorologist
Editor, The News: I always wanted to be a meteorologist. I am never wrong or right and I still have a job. I provide data that no one understands while I am warm and dry waving my arms with that important suit and smug smile.
People should check health insurance
Editor, The News: I have paid the local hospital almost $1,500 in co-payments because my supplemental insurance was turned into a health maintenance organization, which was allowed to override my Medicare coverage.
In Bible, Jesus calls for people to repent
Editor, The News: Recently in the paper, Elton John said he believes Jesus would support same-sex marriages.
Scientific knowledge may be something else
Editor, The News: Science is knowledge derived by method; things scientific meet the criteria of science, but neither the criteria, nor the method are scientific.
Dog park supporters made big difference
Editor, The News: I just want to acknowledge News reporter David Burcham for his coverage on Jasmine’s park
Truth can be found only in word of God
Editor, The News: You shall know the truth and the truth shall make you free — John 8:32.
Obama’s border moves contradict security
Editor, The News: Over the decades, how many billions have been spent by the states to successfully eradicate lethal or debilitating contagious disease?
Poll regarding Obama defies the evidence
Editor, The News: I have read and seen on television that the results of a recent poll found the majority believed President Obama to be the “worst president” since World War II.
- More Letters to the Editor Headlines
- Letter to the Editor E-form