New Castle News
NEW CASTLE —
Editor, The News:
The Obama administration has yet to come up with a budget that is acceptable to Congress.
According to Obama financial experts, the cuts to reduce spending should take place in the military budgets and in the medical program, to the tune of $750 billion in the immediate future. The Medicare money would then go into financing the Obamataxcare program, which would establish a board of bureaucrats to decide which services should be provided to seniors with medical problems.
The Republican House has another plan. This plan of proposed cuts would result in a total savings of $2.5 trillion over the next 10 years in approximately 55 programs that are not needed, too expensive or just a waste of taxpayer money. The top 12 programs of interest are as follows: (savings per year):
1. PBS subsidy, $445 million
2. Amtrak subsidies, $1.6 billion
3. Congressional printing expense, $47 million
4. Federal travel budget in half, $7.5 billion
5. Weatherization programs, $530 million
6. Economic assistance to Egypt, $250 million
7. International development, $1.4 billion
8. Presidential campaign funding, $7.8 million
9. Unpaid taxes by federal employees, $100 million
10. Union activities funded by taxpayers, $101 million
11. Climate control taxpayer subsidies to the U.N., $12.5 million
12. Obamacare administrative cost, $900 million.
These 12 special-interest programs would provide an annual savings of $12.5 billion. These cuts only scratch the surface of the cost incurred annually by this administration determined to make America into a nanny state, fully dependent on the federal government.
Is this what our founding fathers envisioned for this country?
West Wabash Avenue