NEW CASTLE —
Editor, The News:
I found that Richard Audino’s letter was quite unusual as he didn’t seem to know why Obama’s rating is so low and probably will go a bit lower as the year and a half goes by.
Obama’s low rating has nothing to do with the Constitution, even though he did violate it a time or two with changing a Congress-passed law without going through Congress to do it.
The main reason Obama’s rating is so low is because of his many failed agendas. I will list a few of them and let the people decide.
1. Fast and Furious (One border guard was killed).
2. Cash for clunkers (Which was not very successful).
3. Shovel-ready jobs (Which was a big joke that he and Biden laughed about).
4. The IRS scandal (Spying on mostly conservative groups).
5. The stimulus packages (Billions of taxpayers’ money, without much stimulus).
6. Benghazi scandal. Four brave Americans were slaughtered and Hillary Clinton remarked, “What difference does it make how they were killed.” Is this who we want to be the president to lead our nation?
7. The economy and the lack of jobs.
8. Obamacare. And people are finding out they can’t afford it. How about all the lies that Obama made to the American people about “keeping your health care” and “keeping your doctor”?
9. The VA scandal (We’ll have to wait to see how this will play out).
10. The national debt (Which is heading very fast toward $18 trillion).
I hope this enlightens Audino a bit as to what is wrong in our great country.
Maybe if members of the Republican Party get out and vote in November and in 2016, we can get somebody who will change this country for the better.
NEW CASTLE —
Editor, The News:
- Letters to the Editor
Letter to the Editor E-form
Send Letter to the Editor E-form
- A thoughtful gesture marks an anniversary
Patriotic attire rule offends veteran
Editor, The News: On July 2, as I was checking out of our local Wal-Mart, something happened that disturbed me. A cashier went to the cashier in my lane and said orders had come down from the store manager that no one was allowed to wear any patriotic shirts, pins, symbols or anything showing patriotic colors from July 4 to July 11.
Do views on baptism match Bible’s words?
Editor, The News: In regard to the Rev. Randy Crum. He must be reading a different Bible than the Christian religion. What theologian taught him his version?
Aging agency offers help with Medicare
Editor, The News: I am writing in response to the woman who reported problems she was encountering with the high out-of-pocket costs of her Medicare supplemental insurance plan in last Saturday’s “The People Speak.”
‘State Fair’ displays Playhouse possibilities
Editor, The News: I had a delightful experience attending the New Castle Playhouse opening night performance of “State Fair.”
Dreaming of being local meteorologist
Editor, The News: I always wanted to be a meteorologist. I am never wrong or right and I still have a job. I provide data that no one understands while I am warm and dry waving my arms with that important suit and smug smile.
People should check health insurance
Editor, The News: I have paid the local hospital almost $1,500 in co-payments because my supplemental insurance was turned into a health maintenance organization, which was allowed to override my Medicare coverage.
In Bible, Jesus calls for people to repent
Editor, The News: Recently in the paper, Elton John said he believes Jesus would support same-sex marriages.
Scientific knowledge may be something else
Editor, The News: Science is knowledge derived by method; things scientific meet the criteria of science, but neither the criteria, nor the method are scientific.
- More Letters to the Editor Headlines
- Letter to the Editor E-form