New Castle News

December 4, 2013

Hit-and-run suspect heads to court

Debbie Wachter
New Castle News

NEW CASTLE — A man who allegedly ran over another man is heading to court on attempted homicide and other charges.

Michael Todd Falba, 29, of 2315 Morris St., also is charged with two counts of aggravated assault and criminal attempted aggravated assault, and one count each of accidents involving death or personal injury, criminal mischief, recklessly endangering another person, accidents involving damage to vehicle or property, reckless driving and failing to stop to provide information or render aid following an accident.

He waived all charges to court Tuesday and was released from the Lawrence County jail after posting $50,000 bond. His bond was reduced by District Judge Melissa Amodie.

Falba’s bond had been set at $100,000 following his Nov. 25 arrest.

According to court documents, Shenango Township police, acting on a tip from Falba’s father, arrested him for involvement in a hit-and-run incident and fight in the Shenango Elementary School parking lot Nov. 22.

Police reports state the victim told officers he had followed a black Jeep — whose driver was later identified as Falba — believing the vehicle had been involved in a criminal mischief incident at his home.

He told police his car was forced off the road at the school parking lot. There, he said, his car was hit and he was struck twice.