NEW CASTLE —
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/3 cup chocolate-flavored syrup
- 2 tbsps. instant malted milk powder, if desired
- 2 tbsps. instant coffee granules or crystals
- 3 1/2 cups small ice cubes
In blender container, combine all ingredients except ice; blend until well mixed.
Add ice cubes a few at a time, blending well after each addition until smooth.
Red Pepper Gazpacho
Peel, seed and finely dice 2 cucumbers and 2 red bell peppers. Place in a bowl and combine with 1 minced garlic clove, 3 sliced scallions, 1 small diced tomato, 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley and 1/2 cup chopped jalapeno chile.
Add 2 1/2 cups vegetable juice, 4 tsps. olive oil and 1 tbsp. cider vinegar; season with salt and pepper; stir to combine. Cover with plastic wrap; refrigerate until ready to serve, up to 2 days.
Rocky Road Fudge
- 2 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup margarine or butter
- 5-oz. can (2/3 cup) evaporated milk
- 7-oz. jar (2 cups) marshmallow creme
- 12-oz. package (2 cups) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
Line 9-inch square pan with foil so that foil extends over sides of pan; butter foil. In large saucepan, combine sugar, margarine and milk. Bring to a boil; stirring constantly. Continue boiling 5 minutes over medium heat, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Add marshmallow creme and chocolate chips; blend until smooth. Stir in walnuts and vanilla. Stir in miniature marshmallows. The marshmallows should not melt completely. Quickly spread in prepared pan. Cool to room temperature. Score fudge into 36 or 48 squares. Refrigerate until firm. Remove fudge from pan by lifting foil; remove foil from fudge. Using large knife, cut through scored lines. Store in refrigerator.
Rocky Road Sauce
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3 egg yolks, beaten until thick
- 1/2 cup chocolate sauce
- 3 egg whites
- 1 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- 8 oz. marshmallows, cut in small pieces
Cream butter; gradually add powdered sugar, beating well. Add beaten egg yolks in thirds, beating thoroughly after each addition. Blend in chocolate sauce.
Beat egg whites until stiff, not dry, peaks are formed. Gently fold into the chocolate mixture. Fold in the pecans and marshmallows. Chill.
Serve over slices of angel food cake, ice cream or other dessert of choice.