NEW CASTLE —
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard powder
- 1 3/4 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 cup panko (Japanese bread crumbs)
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 1/4 pounds thin chicken cutlets
- 1 pound shredded cabbage
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoons plus 1/2 teaspoons lower-sodium soy sauce
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Preheat oven to 450. Place rack in 18x12-inch jelly roll pan lined with foil. Spray with cooking spray.
In shallow dish, whisk egg, garlic powder, 1 teaspoons dry mustard, 1 teaspoons ground ginger and 1/4 teaspoons black pepper. In another dish, mix panko and sesame seeds.
Dip chicken into egg, then panko mix. Place on rack. Spray chicken with cooking spray; bake 15 to 20 minutes or until cooked through (165 degrees.)
Toss cabbage with onion, sugar, 2 tablespoons vinegar, 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and black pepper.
In bowl, mix ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, cayenne, 1 tablespoon soy sauce, 2 teaspoons vinegar, 1 teaspoon dry mustard and 3/4 teaspoons ground ginger. Serve chicken with sauce and slaw.
- 6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) unsalted butter, plus extra for topping
- 1 pound yellow onions, cut in 1/2 and sliced (3 large)
- 2 pounds zucchini, sliced 1/4-inch thick (4 zucchini)
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup hot milk
- 3/4 cup fresh bread crumbs
- 3/4 cup grated Gruyere cheese
Preheat oven to 400. Melt butter in very large sauté pan and cook onions over low heat for 20 minutes or until tender, but not browned.
Add the zucchini and cook, covered for 10 minutes, or until tender. Add salt, pepper and nutmeg, and cook uncovered for 5 more minutes. Stir in the flour. Add hot milk and cook over low heat for a few minutes, until it makes a sauce.
Pour the mixture into an 8x10-inch baking dish. Combine bread crumbs and cheese, and sprinkle on top of the zucchini mixture. Dot with 1 tablespoon of butter cut into small bits and bake for 20 minutes or until bubbling and browned.
Upside-Down Lemon Meringue Dessert