- COREY DEAD: ‘Lost Boys’ actor Haim dies of apparent overdose The Los Angeles coroner's office says "The Lost Boys" actor Corey Haim is dead at 38. Haim died of an apparent drug overdose, although an autopsy will be performed.
- PHOTO, VIDEO STORY: Local teens land roles in new video An instructional music video on the H1N1 virus is pure “bubble rap.” The attention-getting message, targeted at children, instructs them on how to wash their hands to dodge the H1N1 virus.
- ON STAGE: ‘Aladdin Jr.’ to make magic at Playhouse Audra Moesta is hoping to create some magic. And she’ll be relying on more than just a genie to do it. Moesta is directing the New Castle Playhouse Youth Theatre production of “Aladdin Jr."
PHOTO, STORY, VIDEO: Retired teacher examines black history in county
Retired teacher Jean Speight is filling in the blank spaces of New Castle’s history. While searching the public library for information on New Castle’s past, she found no black faces in the picture.
PHOTOS, VIDEO, STORY: Residents give up their locks for love
After growing his hair long for several decades, Wayne Schlitt decided it was time to donate some of it to charity. The Laurel School District resident gave up his trademark ponytail.
PHOTOS, STORY: Courageous skater earns bronze ‘for mom’
At the end of her medal-winning skate, Joannie Rochette threw back her head and blew a kiss to the heavens. That was for you, mom. Four days after her mother’s death, Rochette won the women’s figure skating bronze.
PHOTOS, STORY: Whale kills trainer in front of horrified spectators
A veteran SeaWorld trainer was leisurely rubbing a killer whale from a poolside platform when the 12,000-pound creature reached up, grabbed her with its mouth and dragged her underwater.
PHOTOS, STORY: Local pupils compete in ‘Winter OIympics’
In the 2010 Winter Olympics, there is only one gold medal for each category. At the Lockley Pre-Kindergarten Center’s version of the Games, everyone was a winner.
- PHOTOS, STORY: Pupils mark milestone with donation Students from the New Castle Star Co-Op marked their 100th day of school by doing something nice. Each brought in 100 coins of various denominations.
PHOTOS, STORY: Local wine maker develops fine taste
Wine lovers will say their favorite beverage is perfect at any time. However, it’s a little unusual to be talking about wine while coffee and orange juice are also being served at the breakfast hour.
- More Entertainment Headlines