New Castle News

March 5, 2013

Witness says man shot at group

By Staff
New Castle News

NEW CASTLE — New Castle police are investigating an alleged gun threat made to a group of men on the Lower East Side.

A neighbor who witnessed the incident around 3:45 p.m. Wednesday said someone fired a gun in the 400 block of Spruce Street.

The witness said he was standing on a porch on Countyline Street when he saw a red car stop and the occupants get out. One of them threatened three men who were walking on the road and said, “I will give you three seconds to run,” then he fired a shot at the group.

He said the three who had been walking ran away and another pedestrian picked up the spent shell casing from the ground.

Police said the men were all gone when they arrived and they could not find anyone in the area.