New Castle News

DailyRecord

March 13, 2013

Fire damages Ellwood City home

NEW CASTLE — A fire caused heat and smoke damage to a Haig Street house in Ellwood City yesterday.

Fire Chief Rick Myers said the occupants of the house at 502 Haig St. were home at the time of the fire at 10:07 a.m., but did not suffer any injuries.

Six people live at the rental property, he said, adding that the Red Cross is assisting them.

The fire began in the living room and was confined to that area, Myers said. He said the cause of the fire was accidental, but did not list the cause.

The property is owned by Dennis Cusato and James Wiley, according to the county assessment office.

1
Text Only | Photo Reprints
DailyRecord
House Ads
Poll

Where can you get the best ice cream cone this summer?

Forbush
Handel's
Bruster's
Dairy Queen
     View Results