New Castle News

DailyRecord

April 2, 2013

Firefighters contain holiday blaze

NEW CASTLE — Frank Chmura and his nine guests smelled smoke as they sat down to dinner Easter Sunday.

As they left the house at 103 E. Leasure Ave., about 8:20 p.m., someone called the New Castle Fire Department.

Firefighters, who arrived to see smoke coming from the roof, discovered a fire in the attic.

The firefighters said they believe the blaze originated under the air conditioning unit. It was contained to that room, they added.

However,  the New Castle police department fire investigator will be called, according to the firefighters.

Crews remained on the scene until almost 10 p.m. They said the house sustained only smoke and water damage.

1
Text Only | Photo Reprints
DailyRecord
House Ads
Poll

Summer is a perfect time for a good read. Where's your favorite place to spend off time with your nose in a book?

Relaxing on the couch
On a bench in the park
By the pool
At the closest beach
I don't have time to read
     View Results