New Castle News

February 6, 2013

Fire marshal rules blaze as accidental

By Staff
New Castle News

NEW CASTLE — A house fire in North Beaver Township has been ruled accidental.

A state police fire marshal investigated the blaze at the home of Mike and Tammy Upham, 1020 Mount Jackson Road. The fire occurred Friday evening.

No one was injured, but Tammy Upham and her 11-year-old daughter were home at the time.

The fire marshal’s report did not indicate the specific cause of the fire, but found nothing suspicious. Damage was set in excess of $50,000.