New Castle News

DailyRecord

April 1, 2013

House catches fire a second time

NEW CASTLE — A house at 719 Cleveland Ave. caught fire Friday night for the second time in 1 1/2 weeks

A blaze that broke out there around 11:30 p.m. Friday occurred when no utilities were turned on inside, according to a New Castle Fire Department report.

The owners, Don and Theada Dambrosia, were staying at a motel since fire damaged their home March 20.

Firefighters arrived at the house Friday night to find flames coming out of the first-floor kitchen window. They had to kick in the front door and a side door of the house to gain entry. Both doors were locked and secured. The back door was found open and unlocked, firefighters said.

The fire was confined to the window area of the kitchen.

The owners’ son reported to fire officials that the back door had been locked and secured when he was there earlier in the evening.

An extension cord was run from the son’s home next door to provide a light in the kitchen. The light was located in the same area as the fire, the report said.

Firefighters were at the scene until 4:30 a.m.

1
Text Only | Photo Reprints
DailyRecord
House Ads
Poll

"State Fair" opens at the New Castle Playhouse tonight. Will you be checking out the show?

Definitely! I've already got my tickets.
Maybe. I'm not sure.
Nah, it's not for me.
     View Results