New Castle News
NEW CASTLE —
I am back this week as a married woman and I have so much to tell you.
First, as promised, I would like to share with you my wedding cake. Dave and I went somewhat non-traditional with our cake. It was mostly his idea, so I can't take credit, even though I would like to.
Our cake was made by Clarencedale Cake in Boardman. We chose blueberry cheesecake as our flavor after tasting a variety of "common" flavors like white and chocolate. The blueberry cheesecake was delicious! Just as a note, all of Clarencedale's flavors are delicious, even white and chocolate.
Our bottom tier was dedicated to the sport of basketball, our second tier to trail running, our third tier to golf, and our last tier (my personal favorite) to the drive-in movie theater. Our topper was us and our dog, Winslow. How cool is that?
Now that I've told you about our cake, let me inform you about our wonderful honeymoon in the big city of Boston. Oh, the food in Boston!
We ate at a variety of restaurants. There are so many to choose from in Boston that it is just ridiculous. I was so overwhelmed with options. To keep it simple, I'm going to make a list of notable dishes. They're in no particular order.
1. Chicken Romano at The Chart House
2. Prime Rib at The Chart House
3. Hot Chocolate Lava Cake at The Chart House
The Hot Chocolate Lava Cake is The Chart House's signature dish. It takes 30 minutes to prepare. It was worth every minute.
4. Lobster Bisque (Unfortunately, I can't remember the name of this restaurant.)
I may try to make this someday when I'm feeling adventurous. Make that very adventurous.
5. Honey BBQ Chicken Sandwich at Deadwood Cafe & Brewery
6. Creme Brulée at Modern Pastry (Boston's Little Italy!)
7. Berry Tart with Chocolate Shell at Modern Pastry
8. Tuna Salad Sandwich at Ames Plow Tavern
This tuna was so fresh!
And if you'd like to see more, check out this culinary tour by one of my favorite bloggers ...