NEW CASTLE —
Potatoes can be prepared in a million different ways. I have chosen to make scalloped potatoes for my Easter dinner.
There is a wide variety of scalloped potato recipes on the web. You can make the side dish with cheese, with onion, with ham, with practically anything.
The recipe that most caught my attention comes from Campbell's Kitchen — a Scalloped Potato-Onion Bake.
The recipe utilizes Campbell's Soup, specifically Cream of Celery. It serves six at about 1/2 cup each. The potatoes take 10 minutes to prepare and 1 hour and 15 minutes to bake.
- Can of condensed Campbell's Cream of Celery Soup
- 4 medium-sized thinly sliced potatoes
- 1 small thinly sliced onion
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 TSP butter, cut into pieces
- Dash of Ground Black Pepper
- Combine soup, pepper, and milk in bowl.
- Layer half of the potato slices, onion slices and mixture in 1 1/2-quart casserole dish. Continue layers.
- Add butter on top layer. Sprinkle with paprika.
- Cover dish and bake at 400 degrees F for one hour.
- Uncover dish and bake an additional 15 minutes until potatoes are tender.
- Source: http://www.campbellskitchen.com/recipedetail.aspx?recipeID=24378