NEW CASTLE —
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup crushed garlic croutons
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 large tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (approximately 1 teaspoon)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 375. Grease 9x13-inch baking dish. Place flour and beaten eggs in separate shallow bowls. Dip chicken into flour, then into eggs. Place into baking dish. Combine Parmesan cheese, crushed croutons and melted butter, then sprinkle on chicken. Loosely cover with foil. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, or until top is browned and chicken is cooked through. Chop tomatoes and combine with last ingredients. Spoon mixture over chicken, and return to oven for 5 to 7 minutes or until tomato mixture is heated through.
Chocolate-Covered Oreo Cake
- 1 package (2-layer size) devil’s food cake mix
- 4 squares Baker’s semi-sweet chocolate
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 package (8 oz.) Philadelphia cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 cups thawed Cool Whip
- 12 Oreo cookies, coarsely crushed
Heat oven to 350.
Prepare cake batter and bake in 2 (9-inch) round pans as directed on package. Cool cakes in pans for 10 minutes. Invert onto wire racks; gently remove from pans. Cool cakes completely.
Microwave chocolate and butter in small microwaveable bowl on high for two minutes or until butter is melted. Stir until chocolate is completely melted. Cool 5 minutes. Meanwhile, beat cream cheese and sugar in large bowl with mixer until blended. Gently stir in Cool Whip and crushed cookies.
Place 1 cake layer on plate, spread with cream cheese mixture. Top with remaining cake layer. Spread top with chocolate glaze; let stand 10 minutes or until firm. Keep refrigerated.
Tip — If chocolate glaze becomes too thick, microwave on high for 20 to 30 seconds or until desired consistency.
Peanut Butter Cheesecake
- 3/4 cup butter
- 6 ounces dark chocolate, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate pieces
- Peanut butter cheesecake:
- 8 ounces reduced fat cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter