NEW CASTLE —
Mix all ingredients in medium bowl.
Cover and refrigerate at least 30 minutes to allow favors to blend.
Serve with tortilla chips or tacos if desired.
Chicken and Black Bean Salad
- 2, 15 oz. cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 cups chicken, cooked and cubed
- 6 green onions, sliced
- 1 sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 sweet yellow pepper, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh coriander, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced
- 1 tbsp. grated lime rind
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
In large bowl, gently stir together black beans, chicken, onions, red and yellow peppers, and tomatoes.
For dressing, in small bowl, whisk together jalapeno pepper, lime rind and juice, garlic, salt and pepper; gradually whisk in oil.
Pour over salad; add coriander and toss gently.
Anita Guyton’s Cheese Grits
- 2 or more slices cooked and crumbled bacon
- 2, 14 1/2 oz cans chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup quick grits
- 2 cans Ro-Tel tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 cup medium sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
Cook bacon and reserve drippings.
Bring drippings, chicken broth and salt to boil. Stir in grits and tomatoes and return to a boil, stirring often.
Reduce heat and simmer 15 to 20 minutes, stirring often.
Stir in cheese and bacon. Cover and let stand 5 minutes.
*Can put in crock pot on warm to serve.
Baked French Fries
- 2 large potatoes
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. paprika
Preheat oven to 450.
Peel potatoes and cut into slices 4-inches long and 1/4-inch wide; place in a bowl of ice water to crisp. Just before cooking, turn onto paper towel and pat dry. Spread pieces in one layer of a shallow baking pan. Sprinkle with vegetable oil. Shake pan to spread oil evenly over potatoes. Bake 30 to 40 minutes, turning frequently, until golden brown.
Empty potatoes onto paper towels. Sprinkle with salt and paprika.
Angel Food Cake Dessert