NEW CASTLE —
- 1 1/2 pounds new potatoes (red or yellow skinned,) cleaned and cut in half or quarters
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 to 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary (use less if using dried)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 450. Place potatoes in a mixing bowl. Sprinkle on salt and pepper. Add olive oil, rosemary and garlic. Toss until potatoes are well coated.
Spread potatoes on a single layer of a baking sheet. Roast for 40 minutes or until potatoes are cooked through and browned. Serve immediately.
- 4 russet potatoes (2 to 2 1/2 pounds,) peeled and cut into large chunks
- 5 to 6 tablespoons butter (with more for serving)
- 3 lightly packed cups of chopped kale, cabbage, chard or other leafy greens
- 3 green onions (including the green onion greens,) minced (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 cup milk or cream.
Put the potatoes in a medium pot and cover with cold water by at least an inch. Add 2 tablespoons of salt and bring to a boil. Boil until potatoes are fork tender (15 to 20 minutes). Drain in a colander.
Return the pot to the stove and set over medium-high heat. Melt the butter in the pot and once it’s hot, add the greens. Cook the greens for 3 to 4 minutes or until they are wilted and have given off some of their water. Add the green onions and cook 1 minute more.
Pour in the milk or cream, mix well and add the potatoes. Reduce heat to medium. Use a fork or potato masher and mash the potatoes, mixing them up with the greens. Add salt to taste and serve hot with a dab of butter in the center.
Crock Pot Corned Beef and Cabbage
- 4 1/2 pounds corned beef brisket
- 2 medium onions, quartered
- 1 head cabbage, cut in small wedges
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 cups water
Combine ingredients in crock pot with cabbage on top.
Cut meat to fit, if necessary.
Cover and cook on low for 10 to 12 hours or on high for 6 to 7 hours.
Bailey’s Irish Cream Cupcakes