NEW CASTLE —
Baked swai over spinach
and feta orzo pasta
- 2 to 3 pounds of swai fillets (tilapia also works well.)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 pound orzo pasta, cooked and drained
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 of a large bag of fresh spinach leaves
- 1/3 cup of crumbled feta cheese
- 14.5-ounce can diced tomatoes with basil
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the fish, spray a cookie sheet with non-stick cooking spray. Lay each piece of swai on the pan and season each with Old Bay, onion powder and parsley. Slice the butter and dot the top of each filet with one pat of butter.
Bake at 325 for 30 to 40 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
For the orzo, melt oil and butter in a sauté pan on medium-low heat; add the spinach and cover until spinach is steamed and wilted. Uncover, and add the tomatoes; cook for two minutes, stirring often. Remove from heat and add the orzo, stirring well. Add the feta and Parmesan cheese, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Serve the fish over the orzo.
Low-carb eggplant slice pizzas
- 1 large eggplant, sliced in 1/2 inch thick slices
- 8 ounces of part skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 8 ounce jar of your favorite pizza sauce
- 1 tablespoon shredded fresh basil leaves
- Extra virgin olive oil
Slice the eggplant and salt each slice, and let sit for 30 minutes to remove some of the moisture.
Place slices on a greased cookie sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and bake at 400 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from oven.
Put a tablespoonful of sauce on each slice. Add the mozzarella and basil. Add any toppings of your choice. Place back into the oven for 5 minutes or just until the cheese has melted.
Sugar cookie fruit cups