NEW CASTLE — Healthful Pumpkin Pie
- 1 can (16 ounce) pumpkin
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated skim milk
- 3 egg whites or 1/2 cup liquid egg substitute
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
Heat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare brown sugar topping.
Spray pie plate, 10 x 1 1/2 inches, with nonstick cooking spray. Place remaining ingredients in a blender or food processor in order listed. Cover and blend until smooth. Pour into pie plate. Sprinkle with topping. Bake 50 to 55 minutes or until knife inserted comes out clean. Cool 15 minutes. Refrigerate about 4 hours or until chilled.
Brown Sugar Topping
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup quick oats.
- Mix ingredients.