NEW CASTLE —
Pan-Grilled Veggie Pasta
- 8 ounces dry whole grain linguine pasta, broken in half, uncooked
- 1 small zucchini, halved lengthwise, sliced
- 1 small yellow summer squash, halved lengthwise, sliced
- 1/2 medium red bell pepper, halved crosswise, cut into strips
- 1/2 medium red onion, halved crosswise, cut into wedges
- No-stick cooking spray
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 can (14.5 oz each) Diced Tomatoes with Basil, Garlic and Oregano, undrained
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
1. Prepare pasta according to package directions; drain and keep warm in cooking pan.
2. Combine zucchini, yellow squash, bell pepper and onion in large bowl. Spray with cooking spray; toss to coat. Sprinkle with oregano, salt and black pepper; toss.
3. Heat large grill pan or skillet over high heat. Add vegetables; cook 6 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender, stirring frequently. Remove vegetables from pan; cover to keep warm.
4. Add undrained tomatoes and vegetables to pasta; toss until well mixed. Sprinkle with cheese. Serve warm.