NEW CASTLE —
Veggie Potato Salad
- 11⁄2 lb round red potatoes, cut into 1⁄2 inch cubes
- 1 cup fresh green beans cut into 2 inch-long pieces
- 2 cups broccoli &/or cauliflower florets
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely shredded carrot
- 1⁄2 cup bottled
- low fat ranch salad dressing
- 1⁄4 tsp black pepper
1. Place cubed potatoes in a large saucepan; add enough lightly salted water to cover. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 5 to 7 minutes or just until tender. Drain well; cool.
2. In a small saucepan bring a small amount of lightly salted water to boiling. Add green beans; return to boiling. Cover and cook about 3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain; rinse with cold water.
3. In a very large bowl combine cooked potatoes, green beans, broccoli and/or cauliflower, and carrot. Add salad dressing and pepper; toss to coat. Cover and chill for 4 to 24 hours. Makes 8 (1-cup) servings.