NEW CASTLE —
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 package (16 ounces) sliced mushrooms
- 1 large garlic clove, crushed with press
- 1 package (16 ounces) broccoli flowerets
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup packed basil leaves, chopped
- 4 6-inch whole wheat pitas, halved and toasted
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. In nonstick 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat, heat olive oil. Add mushrooms and garlic and cook until mushrooms are golden brown.
Meanwhile, in 10-inch skillet over high heat, heat 1 inch water to boiling. Add broccoli. Reduce heat to low; cover and steam until tender, about 8 minutes.
Remove broccoli; add to mushrooms with 1/4 teaspoon salt and toss well to mix.
In small bowl, mix ricotta, basil, and 1/4 teaspoon salt.
Spoon broccoli mixture over each toasted pita half. Spoon ricotta mixture in dollops on top. Drizzle pizza with marinara sauce. Bake 8 to 10 minutes until heated through.