NEW CASTLE —
- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole grain yellow cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup vanilla soymilk (or skim milk)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 egg whites
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Spray a 7 x 9 nonstick pan lightly with nonstick spray.
3. In a medium bowl, stir flour, cornmeal and baking powder together.
4. In a large bowl, whisk together milk, applesauce and egg whites.
5. Preheat the pan 1 minute, not to burn the spray.
6. Lightly stir all ingredients to a lumpy blend in the large bowl and pour into preheated pan.
7. Bake 20 minutes or until top is lightly browned.