NEW CASTLE —
Cantaloupe is very alkalizing to the digestive system and can be a great choice if you have over-active stomach acid and indigestion.
- 1 lb. (2 cups) cantaloupe (skin removed, seeded, cut into 1-inch pieces)
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar or agave nectar
- 2 tbsp. port wine
- Dusting of fine-grated nutmeg
1. Mix the cantaloupe, sugar, and port. Place in the freezer for about 4 hours.
2. Blend in a blender.
3. Finish with a dusting of nutmeg.
4. Serve immediately in a shot glass or small cup.