NEW CASTLE — Cornbread Salad
- 1 whole fat free cornbread, pre-baked
- 1 14 oz. can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15 oz. can whole corn, drained
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 red or yellow bell pepper, diced
- 3 tomatoes, diced
- 2 cups shredded fat free cheddar cheese
- 1 8 oz. bottle fat free ranch dressing
Cut baked and cooled cornbread into small cubes and lay on a baking sheet in a single layer. Bake at 400 degrees for approx. 15 minutes, until browned and crusty. When cooled, place in the bottom of a glass serving dish.
Layer: beans, corn, peppers, onions, tomatoes and cheese over the cubes. Top with the whole bottle of fat-free ranch dressing. Cover and chill 2 hours.