NEW CASTLE —
Warm Autumn Salad
- 1 small butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 2 large apples, cubed
- 1/2 a large red onion, sliced into fairly large wedges (depending on your preference)
- 8 to 12 Brussels sprouts, quartered
- 1 to 2 tablespoons olive oil, or lightly spray with non-stick cooking spray
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- chopped parsley
- optional: crumbled feta
Preheat oven to 400 degrees and prep veggies. Place in a large mixing bowl and drizzle with oil, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and pepper. Roast in the oven for 45 to 60 minutes, making sure to flip every 15 minutes or so.
Remove from oven and allow to cool 5 minutes before pouring into a serving dish and garnishing with parsley. Add crumbled feta if you choose.