NEW CASTLE —
- 3 ounces Hershey’s unsweetened chocolate, cut into pieces
- 1 cup butter, softened (do not use margarine)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 pasteurized eggs
- 1⁄2 cup sweetened whipped cream
- Chocolate curls, if desired
Heat oven to 450. Make pie crust as directed on box for one-crust baked shell, using 9-inch glass pie plate. Bake 9 to 11 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
In 1-quart saucepan, melt chocolate over low heat; cool. In small bowl with electric mixer, beat butter on medium speed until fluffy. Gradually beat in sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in cooled chocolate and vanilla until well blended.
Add eggs one at a time, beating on high speed two minutes after each addition; beat until mixture is smooth and fluffy. Pour into cooled baked shell. Refrigerate at least two hours before serving. Garnish with whipped cream and chocolate curls. Cover and refrigerate any remaining pie.
Crab Cups Party
- 1⁄2 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 green onions
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄3 cup salad dressing or mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons Old Bay seasoning
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chipotle (optional)
- 1 cup crab meat, flaked
- 1 dozen wonton wrappers
- 1⁄2 tablespoon butter, melted
Dice the green onions and then sauté them in butter until soft. Add all remaining ingredients to the onions and stir slowly so that the cheese melts and mingles.
Add crab meat, cooking for two more minutes. Set aside.
Next make the cups using the wonton wrappers. Put these into a mini muffin tin (one each) and brush them with a little butter.
Bake in a 350-degree preheated oven until golden brown. Fill with the crab mixture. May be served hot or cold.
Baked Glazed Ham
- 1 uncured smoked ham, bone-in (8 pounds)
- 20 cloves, whole
- 1 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 cup apple cider
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper