New Castle News
NEW CASTLE —
Thanksgiving is finally upon us, and while the turkey driven get-togethers are wonderful, the true meaning of this holiday is graciousness.
Throughout the month of November, many social network users have been posting daily notes of gratitude.
Since I was too busy posting about my non-sleeping, almost crawling, adorable sentence making children, I did not make the time to participate in these posts. So, today, without further ado, here are the things that I am most thankful for, not only in November, but all year long.
In no particular order:
1) God — Without him and his presence in my life, I feel I would be a shell of a human.
2) My husband, Erik — For being there for me through good and bad times and being my best friend (even though he just spilled an entire glass of milk on the dining room table, floor and holiday wreath arrangements).
3) Violet — From her smile in the morning to her stubborn ways throughout the day, her kisses goodnight and everything in-between.
4) My sisters — Shannon, Lindy, Chelsie and Rosa: You all have influenced my life, character and personality in the strongest of ways. We might have nearly killed each other growing up, but I think it all worked out in the end.
5) My parents — For allowing me to pursue my dreams, as crazy as they often were, for taking me seriously when I wanted to move all of the furniture in the living room and “ice skate,” for taking us to church, for the years of Easter baskets, notes from Rudolph and Tooth Fairy gifts. And most important, for being terrific grandparents to my children.
6) My friends — You all have different strengths and purposes in my life. Thank you for being there for me when I need to laugh, need advice, need a night out of the house, need a hug and a shoulder to cry on.
7) My cats — You have taught me that it is possible to love an animal even when it is obnoxious. You were the first beings that I had to take care of and keep alive, and so far so good. Glad it worked out better for you than it did for my pet fish.
8) Kuerig coffee maker — For being the only reason I can pull myself out of bed when it’s still dark outside.
9) Concealer — For allowing me to hide the pimples that I still get at the tender age of 28.
10) Popcorn — My favorite night-time ritual.
11) Google.com — For proving that I am correct 99.9 percent of the time.
12) Epidurals — For allowing me to give birth with a smile on my face.
13) Dora the Explorer — For entertaining my toddler long enough for me to get a shower and put on deodorant.
14) Cakes from delicious bakeries.
15) Reliable cars.
16) Red Lipstick.
17) Whipped cream in a can.
18) Scented candles.
20) Electric stove.
21) Beautiful sunsets.
22) Red wine.
23)The invention of the playpen.
24) The kindness of strangers.
25) Short checkout lines at the store.
26) Kettle cooked potato chips.
27) Great movies.
28) Christmas carols.
29) Control-top pantyhose.
Have a blessed and thankful holiday, friends.