NEW CASTLE —
Moira’s Texas Caviar
One of our Jameson nurses shared this with me. She and her son enjoy it on “Quesadilla Night.” It is also great with tortilla chips or bread.
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 (8 ounce) bottle fat-free zesty Italian dressing
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can black-eyed peas, drained
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground corriander
- 1 bunch chopped fresh cilantro
In a large bowl, mix together onion, green bell pepper, green onions, jalapeno peppers, garlic, cherry tomatoes, zesty Italian dressing, black beans, black-eyed peas and coriander. Cover and chill in the refrigerator approximately 2 hours. Toss with desired amount of fresh cilatro to serve.