NEW CASTLE —
White Bean &
Roasted Vegetable Salad
Serves 4 to 6
- 1 each red and yellow bell pepper, seeded and chopped into 3⁄4 inch pieces
- 1⁄2 large red onion, peeled and chopped into 3⁄4 inch pieces
- 3 large garlic cloves, peeled and smashed
- 2 tablespoons good-quality olive oil, divided
- 2 (15.5 ounce) cans cannellini beans (white kidney beans), drained and rinsed
- 3 tablespoons good-quality red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon freshly-squeezed lemon juice
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Finely chopped fresh parsley, to taste
Preheat oven to 425°F. Toss the bell peppers, onion, and garlic cloves with 1 tablespoon olive oil; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Roast the vegetables for 25 minutes, stirring occasionally, until softened and beginning to caramelize.
Toss the still warm vegetables with the cannellini beans, red wine vinegar, lemon juice, and salt and pepper to taste. Allow the salad to sit at room temperature, stirring occasionally, for at least one hour to allow the flavors to marry. Discard garlic cloves. Stir in chopped parsley; taste and adjust seasonings if desired.