NEW CASTLE —
Sweet Potato Burritos
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 cups canned kidney beans, drained
- 2 cups water
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 4 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper, or to taste
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 cups mashed cooked sweet potatoes
- 12 (10 inch) flour tortillas, warmed
- 8 ounces low-fat shredded Cheddar cheese
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Heat oil in a medium skillet. Sauté onion and garlic until soft. Mash beans into the onion mixture. Gradually stir in water; heat until warm, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in the soy sauce, chili powder, mustard, cumin, and cayenne pepper.
Divide bean mixture and mashed sweet potatoes evenly between the tortillas; top with cheese. Fold tortillas burrito-style around the fillings and place on a baking sheet.
Bake in the preheated oven until warmed through, about 12 minutes.