NEW CASTLE —
Low Fat Italian Casserole (Meatless)
- 12 ounces Whole Wheat Penne
- 8 ounces light or fat-free cream cheese (softened)
- 12 ounces low-fat cottage cheese
- 8 ounces fat-free sour cream
- 1/2 cup green onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup zucchini, chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) can Italian-style diced tomatoes
- 4 tablespoons Italian seasoning (Mrs. Dash)
- 4 tablespoons garlic power
Cook and drain Whole Wheat Penne. Chop onions and pepper.
In medium bowl, mix together cream cheese, cottage cheese, sour cream, onions, green pepper, and zucchini.
Spray 13 X 9 panwith non-stick spray. Layer half of noodles in bottom of pan. Spread all of cheese mixture over noodles. Top with remaining noodles.
Pour tomato sauce and diced tomatoes over top. Sprinkle liberally with seasonings. Cover with foil and refrigerate overnight.
Bake covered 45 minutes to one hour at 350 degrees.