New Castle News
NEW CASTLE —
We frequently talk women's fashion around these parts, so today I wanted to give the men a bit of a shout-out.
Men's fashions are less likely to change year to year, but there are still "trends" each season that men will find in stores. To the right you'll find some of the top trends for spring/summer 2013.
1. A colorful parka is a fun addition to a man's closet. It'll protect you from the unpredictable Pennsylvania elements, but also adds a cool, laidback style to anything you may wear.
2. A brown suit is perfect for spring. It's more laidback than a typical black or navy suit and can easily be worn to the office or to a wedding. Play with textures and patterns as well for something that will feel the most "you.” Plus, it'll make all of your shirts and ties look fresh and new.
3. Striped shirts are nothing new, but look for one like I have featured to the right. The bold stripe across the chest makes a man’s chest look more broad and muscular. Look for this style in all types of tops — tees, button-downs and cardigans.
4. Slip-on sneakers are easy, laidback and perfect for jumping into your car and heading straight to the beach. Sand in your shoes? No problem, they're easy to take off and dump out.
Plus, the more neutral colors can even make an outfit look a bit more dressed up. Wear them with jeans and a cardigan and you're ready for a dinner out with your lady.
5. I'll be the first to admit, I'm not a huge camouflage fan. But I can handle it in smaller doses or more abstract ways. These cargo shorts have a slight hint of the trend without looking like you're going to spend the day in a tree stand. However, if you're into the more obvious camo look, you're in luck this summer — you'll find the pattern on everything from clothing to shoes to accessories! A word of caution — don't wear it head to toe. Pick one piece and keep the rest of your look neutral.
6. A sport jacket is one of those items that every man should have. It's classic, makes even jeans look dressy and is the perfect piece to keep in your car in case you need a quick change. Get one and have it tailored to fit you perfectly and you'll always look ready to go.
7. I love these "monkstrap" shoes for many reasons. They're classic, rich and stylish. Dressed down with a pair of dark wash jeans and a button up shirt, or worn with your new brown suit, these shoes are definitely a standout and a shoe that you'll have for a long time to come.
So guys, what do you think? Are any of these trends ones that you're already wearing? Any that you're willing to try out?
(Do you have fashion questions? Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I'd love to help or feature your question in an upcoming column. And don't forget, you can check out my personal style blog at anytime at www.comingunstitched.com!)