NEW CASTLE —
- 1 cup butter
- 12 ounce herb seasoned stuffing mix
- 3 cups diced cooked zucchini
- 1 can cream of mushroom or chicken soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 large onion, grated
- 3 large carrots, grated
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
Melt butter and toss with stuffing mix. Mix remaining ingredients, and one half of the butter and stuffing mix together. Pour mixture into lightly greased 12x9-inch pan and spread evenly. Sprinkle remaining dressing over all.
Baked Spinach Dish
- 2 packages (10 oz. each) frozen chopped spinach
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 3 slices white bread (crusts removed,) cut in 1⁄2-inch cubes
- 1⁄3 cup butter or margarine
- 11⁄2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon grated onion
- 1⁄2 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1 cup coarse fresh bread crumbs
- 1⁄3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
Heat spinach with water only until thawed. Remove from heat (do not drain) and mix in the bread cubes, 1⁄3 cup butter, Worcestershire sauce, onion, garlic and seasoned salt. Bring to boiling, reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes.
Turn mixture into an 8-inch square pan.
Toss 3 tablespoons butter into crumbs and cheese; sprinkle over top.
Heat in a 400 oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until crumbs are golden brown.
- 1 large head cauliflower
- 5 garlic cloves
- 1⁄3 cup fresh herbs (chives and basil both work particularly well)
- Sea salt
Chop cauliflower into smaller chunks — about bite-size pieces.
Peel garlic cloves and cut in half, lengthwise.
Steam cauliflower and garlic for 15 minutes or until cauliflower and garlic are tender enough for a fork to easily pass through.
Combine steamed cauliflower, garlic, fresh herbs, and sea salt in a food processor or a strong blender and blend until everything comes together into a mashed potato-like consistency. It can be made smooth or slightly chunky. You can also mash everything together by hand with a potato masher or a fork.
Roasted Brussels sprouts
- 11⁄2 pounds Brussels sprouts
- 3 tablespoons good olive oil
- 3⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper