NEW CASTLE —
- 1 eggplant, chopped
- 2 zucchini, chopped
- 1 red or green bell pepper, seeded/chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 large tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cans garbanzo beans (14 oz.), drained
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 can artichoke hearts packed in water (14 oz.), drained/quartered
- 1 package “no-yolks” noodles, cooked or substitute whole wheat noodles, cooked
- Crushed red pepper flakes, to taste/optional
Note: You can also add 1 tablespoon of tomato paste for a thicker stew.
Add all ingredients except for noodles to the crock pot and stir well. Cook on low for 8 hours. Serve over the cooked noodles.