NEW CASTLE —
Frozen Pumpkin Mousse Pie
- 30 small gingersnap cookies, (about 71⁄2 ounces)
- 2 tablespoon(s) raisins
- 1 tablespoon(s) canola oil
- 1 cup(s) canned pumpkin puree
- 1⁄3 cup(s) packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon(s) ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon(s) ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon(s) freshly grated nutmeg
- 2 cups frozen low-fat (or fat-free) vanilla ice cream, softened
1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9-inch deep-dish pie pan with cooking spray.
2.To prepare crust: Combine gingersnaps and raisins in a food processor and pulse until finely chopped. Add oil and pulse until blended. Press evenly into the bottom and up the sides of the prepared pan.
3.Bake the crust until set, about 10 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
4.To prepare filling: Combine pumpkin, sugar, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg in a large bowl and mix well. Add ice cream and stir until blended. Spoon the mixture into the cooled pie crust. Freeze until firm, at least 2 hours. Let the pie soften slightly in the refrigerator for 20 to 30 minutes before serving.
Tip: To soften ice cream quickly, microwave on Medium-Low for 30 to 60 seconds.