NEW CASTLE —
Zucchini Herb Casserole
- 1 1/4 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 1/2 cups seeded, chopped tomatoes
- 2 cups shredded low-fat Cheddar cheese,
- 1/3 cup uncooked long grain white rice
- 2/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 1/2 pounds zucchini, cubed
- 1 cup sliced green onions
- 1 clove garlic, minced
Combine the rice and water in a saucepan, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 20 minutes, until rice is tender.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a shallow 1 1/2 quart casserole dish with non-stick spray.
Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat, and cook the zucchini, green onions, and garlic 5 minutes, or until tender. Season with garlic salt, basil, paprika, and oregano. Mix in the cooked rice, tomatoes, and 1 cup cheese. Continue to cook and stir until heated through. Transfer to the prepared casserole dish. Top with remaining cheese.
Bake uncovered 20 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly.