Woman faces charges in Ellwood City shootout
A New Castle woman wounded in a shootout in Ellwood City is now facing charges in that case.
- Man arrested after chase
- Trailer burns in New Beaver
- Woman released after rollover accident
- Local store robbed again
- Woman faces charges in Ellwood City shootout
Councilman picks up tab to help lunch program
Participants of a local summer feeding program are eating this week courtesy of New Castle City Councilman Tim Fulkerson. On Friday morning, the truck dispatched from New Castle to pick up about 3,500 pounds of items from the Pittsburgh Food Bank broke down as it arrived at its destination.Continued ...
- Outreach: Churches plan to host picnic for residents of Crestview Gardens
- Council OKs funds to remove dead trees
- Councilman picks up tab to help lunch program
Concert to feature sounds of ’60s
This week’s Friday Night Live at Riverwalk Amphitheater will feature a 1960s theme. Entertainment will be provided by Pipe Dreams. The group performs a tribute to the British Invasion and American rock ’n roll with music from The Beatles, Stones, Doors, Monkees and hits from Motown and Philly.Continued ...
- Environmental groups oppose forced pooling
- Cash Mob returns Saturday to downtown
- Wampum Homecoming draws near
- City imposing new regulations for vendors
- Concert to feature sounds of ’60s
Gary Church: As you may have noticed, I'm not Lisa
Surprise, surprise, surprise! The big cheese called me, and asked if I would mind if my blogs appeared on Monday, instead of on Tuesday. I had no problem with that.Continued ...
- Josh Drespling: Time flies when you're growing up
- Gary Church: Grab your sisters and your mothers, it's an ice cream 'convent'-ion
- Gary Church: As you may have noticed, I'm not Lisa
Kali Davies-Anderson: Well that was the longest 6 seconds of my life...
Well, I must have jinxed myself. Last week I blogged about doing a show as an almost 30 year old that I did as a 20 year old. I received lots of nice comments (mostly lies) reassuring me that I am doing a good job in the show…better even than I did 9 years ago.Continued ...
- Mitchel Olszak: Playing impeachment politics
- Culinary Conversation: Summer doesn’t get any better than this
- Dave Says: Keep your hands off the 529
- Lori Brothers: Despite the perception, yoga is not just for women
- Kali Davies-Anderson: Well that was the longest 6 seconds of my life...
Disabilities group unveils new icon
Disability Options Network is joining forces with the Accessible Icon Project. Officials of the community organization, located at 1929 E. Washington St., said its new icon will replace the current international symbol for accessibility.Continued ...
- Auditor: State doesn’t have enough inspectors to monitor wells
- Independent hopefuls may widen gubernatorial field
- John K. Manna: Measuring the money
- Man injured in city shooting
- Disabilities group unveils new icon
Big 10 commission noncommittal on Penn State sanction cuts
Big Ten Commissioner Jim Delany took a non-committal stance on an effort by five Pennsylvania Congressmen to rescind sanctions against Penn State for its handling of the Jerry Sandusky sexual abuse scandal.
- Steelers LB Spence caps lengthy comeback
- Steelers' Wheaton eyeing chance after tough rookie year
- Harrison’s four hits leads Pirates past Rockies, 7-5
- Anderson leads Rockies over Pirates 8-1
- Big 10 commission noncommittal on Penn State sanction cuts
Obama had crush on First Lady of Rock: Linda Ronstadt among 22 recipients of the National Medal of Arts
Linda Ronstadt remained composed as she walked up to claim her National Medal of Arts at a White House ceremony Monday afternoon.Continued ...
Can black women have it all?
In a powerful new essay for the National Journal, my friend Michel Martin makes a compelling case for why we need to continue the having-it-all conversation.Continued ...
Redskins not the only nickname to cause a stir: Five other controversial sports mascots
Daniel Snyder has come under fire for refusing to change the mascot of his NFL team, the Washington Redskins. The Redskins, however, are far from being the only controversial mascot in sports history. Here is a sampling of athletic teams from all areas of the sports world that were outside the norm.Continued ...
- 'Rebel' mascot rising from the dead: Students want to bring back confederate soldier
- Fast food comes to standstill in China: Why China's McDonald's just ran out of hamburgers
- Obama had crush on First Lady of Rock: Linda Ronstadt among 22 recipients of the National Medal of Arts