Teen faces adult charges in robbery
A juvenile is being charged as an adult in connection with a robbery outside a convenience store.
- Sex offender sentenced to prison term
- Woman charged in photo fraud
- Arrest made in Crestview shooting
- Man cited for dog law violations
- Teen faces adult charges in robbery
Ferrara comes home after life in the ring
Former New Castle resident Bob Ferrara has spent much of his 77 years inside a boxing ring. A Pittsburgh Golden Gloves champion in 1958, Ferrara — who was known then as Bobby Ferry — continued to find success long after leaving his hometown for the sunny skies of Tucson, Ariz.Continued ...
- Jameson Hoyt Atrium display spotlights artwork of special needs kids and adults
- Census shows county population getting older
- Ferrara comes home after life in the ring
Fallen Warrior Ride to preface soldier tribute
Area motorcyclists will be heading out once again this month to pay tribute to the nation’s soldiers and veterans. The second annual Fallen Warrior Ride is scheduled to leave Cascade Park at 6 p.m. Aug. 15 for a one-hour, circuitous route to Laurel High School. Once there, riders — led by the Patriot Honor Guard of Western Pennsylvania — will parade into the Lawrence County Fairgrounds, where they’ll join a Salute to the American Soldiers: For God and Country, a crusade by Vision Ministries of Lawrence County.Continued ...
- Love Kitchen: Little Caesars provides special delivery for Rescue Mission
- County fair looks for a few good bakers
- Local teen off to state DYW event
- County to buy new office for Nicholson
- Fallen Warrior Ride to preface soldier tribute
Gary Church: I tried to keep my cool, but if anyone didn't like my contribution to the party, I might have a meltdown
Sometimes you get invited to an employee only luncheon. I recently went to one of these at the News office. There is only one rule, everyone must bring something. This is a little difficult for me, because I don't know how to cook anything.
- Tim Kolodziej: We’re swimming in information — and uncertainty
- The Couch Potato: "The Bachelorette" semi-live blog
- Gary Church: I tried to keep my cool, but if anyone didn't like my contribution to the party, I might have a meltdown
Dave Says: Bankruptcy, Chapter 7 vs. Chapter 13
“Dave Says” is a weekly column featuring financial advice from nationally syndicated radio host Dave Ramsey. His column is filled with timely, relevant questions and answers taken from actual letters and calls on Ramsey’s radio progam, “The Dave Ramsey Show.”Continued ...
- Lori Brothers: Recognize onset of stress to halt full-blown attack
- Sarah Stright-Hartley: Get geared up for fall with these new trends
- Kali Davies-Anderson: Well that was the longest 6 seconds of my life...
- Mitchel Olszak: Playing impeachment politics
- Dave Says: Bankruptcy, Chapter 7 vs. Chapter 13
Lawyers to address fracking
Lawyers will address public concerns about oil and gas regulations and other topics at a program next month. Oday Salim and Megan Lovett of Fair Shake Environmental Legal Services in Pittsburgh and attorney Michael Oliverio of Lynch Weis in Cranberry Township are to present the program.Continued ...
- Yauger enters guilty plea in federal court
- Lottery officials: Seniors should get smaller payout
- Attorney general warns of phone scams
- Disabilities group unveils new icon
- Lawyers to address fracking
Wilmington teen national swim champ
Lauren Barber of New Wilmington is a national champion.
- Law enforcement youth tournament set
- Arsonists damage New Castle’s football field
- Big 10 commission noncommittal on Penn State sanction cuts
- Steelers LB Spence caps lengthy comeback
- Wilmington teen national swim champ
Why a see-through mouse is a big deal for scientists
A group of Caltech researchers announced in Cell Thursday their success in making an entire organism transparent. Unfortunately, this isn't any kind of "Invisible Man" scenario: The organism in question is a mouse, and the mouse in question is quite dead.Continued ...
VIDEO: Five-year-old doesn't want her brother to grow up
Sadie, an adorable 5-year-old from Phoenix, wants her brother to stay young forever, so much so that her emotional reaction to the thought of him getting older has drawn more than 10 million views on YouTube.Continued ...
Police department turns to Facebook for guidance on use of 'negro'
What seems to be a data entry mistake by a small town police department in western New York has turned into a social media firestorm centered around the word "negro" and whether it's acceptable to use in modern society.Continued ...
- The virtues of lying
- Sunburn isn't the only sign of summer that can leave you itchy and blistered
- Why a see-through mouse is a big deal for scientists