HARRISBURG – A state Supreme Court decision made gerrymandering one of the dominant stories in Pennsylvania politics in 2018.
PITTSBURGH (AP) — A jury on Friday acquitted a white former police officer who fatally shot an unarmed black teenager in the back as he was fleeing a high-stakes traffic stop outside Pittsburgh, a confrontation that was captured on video and led to weeks of unrest.
The Most Rev. Joseph V. Adamec, bishop emeritus of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Altoona-Johnstown, died unexpectedly on Wednesday at the age of 83, according to diocesan officials.
National & World
- UK's Theresa May faces pressure to step down to save Brexit
- More passengers lifted off Norway cruise ship before towing
- Another cyclone bears down on northwest Australian coast
- Thais vote in long-delayed poll pitting junta versus critics
- Driver working with NBC News killed in Syria
- Thousands attend New Zealand vigil to honor 50 mosque dead
- Barr preparing a summary of Mueller report's key conclusions
- The Latest: Ousted Thai party confident of election win
- Auburn blows past Kansas 89-75 to reach Sweet 16
- Venezuelan power struggle creates diplomatic duel abroad
Gov. Tom Wolf and Lt. Gov. John Fetterman announced a 67-county tour to hear thoughts on whether Pennsylvania residents support the legalization of recreational marijuana.
LONDON (AP) — Prime Minister Theresa May faces growing pressure from within her own party either to resign or to set a date for stepping down as a way to build support for her Brexit agreement with the European Union, British media reported Sunday.
STAVANGER, Norway (AP) — Rescue workers are evacuating more passengers from a cruise ship that had engine problems in bad weather off Norway's western coast while authorities prepare to tow the vessel to a nearby port.
SYDNEY (AP) — Residents of Australia's northwest coast were bracing for a torrid night of fierce winds and heavy rain on Sunday as the country's second major cyclone of the weekend slowly wound toward land.
BANGKOK (AP) — Nearly five years after a coup, Thail…
This Week's Circulars
While Wilmington was unable to dethrone perennial PIAA power Southern Columbia for the commonwealth’s Class 2A crown, that did not deter state sports writers from recognizing the gridiron Greyhounds’ greatness.
A late run was not enough to get Laurel into the WPIAL Class A playoffs.
Mercer County was well represented on the field at the recent PIAA football championships in Hershey — and not just by the Farrell and Wilmington teams.