New Castle High evacuated for fire call
What was being described as a small fire prompted the evacuation of New Castle High School early Tuesday afternoon.Continued ...
- Flight from police yields suspected cocaine
- Man charged with drug possession during school visit
- Jeep flips onto roof in Falls Street accident
- Felon arrested for drugs on Halco Drive
- New Castle High evacuated for fire call
Steelers Partnership: From rags to riches, Croton native finds success by putting God, others first
As a boy, Damian Williams believed in himself even when circumstances didn’t seem to merit it. Growing up in poverty in lower Croton, Damian didn’t always know when his next meal was coming.Continued ...
- City to seek funds for parks plan
- Photos, Video, Story: Shenango homecoming queen Brittany Chieze considers herself ‘a pretty lucky girl’
- Steelers Partnership: From rags to riches, Croton native finds success by putting God, others first
Earthquakes hit western part of county
Oil and gas drilling operations near Lowellville, Ohio, were ordered halted as a precaution after two earthquakes Monday. The earthquakes were recorded near the westernmost part of Lawrence County.Continued ...
- Puppy Love: Poodle is Haven resident’s best friend
- Master gardeners hosting symposium
- Work planned on Route 168
- Straw vote favors new band uniforms
- Earthquakes hit western part of county
Gary Church: Oh, I’ve got call waiting, but it’s not what you think
As an old dude, I have tried with all my heart to keep up with all of the new technology. This venture will now be a thing of the past. I am finally giving up and taking my place with the people of the stone age.Continued ...
- Lisa Madras: Don’t be a tattle-tale? That’s a dangerous double-standard
- Josh Drespling: Despite what ‘they’ say, I’ll take my idols any day
- Gary Church: Oh, I’ve got call waiting, but it’s not what you think
Kali Davies-Anderson: No Easter basket? I may have a chocolate meltdown
A few days ago my mother dropped a bomb on me. After 27 years of doing so, she has decided THIS YEAR that she will not be getting me an Easter basket.Continued ...
- Mitchel Olszak: Taking a realistic look at Ukraine
- Culinary Conversation: Give your meals an Irish accent
- Dave Ramsey: Nobody ever saves enough
- Lori Brothers: Grow your strengths, not your laments
- Kali Davies-Anderson: No Easter basket? I may have a chocolate meltdown
On the Record: Today’s births, police items and district judge reports
On the Record is a periodic update of public information coming out of the Lawrence County Government Center. Look inside for the latest births, police items, and district judge reports.Continued ...
- Agreement to enhance Austintown track project
- Library friends slate spring yard sale
- John K. Manna: State says some local people have high incomes
- Tentative casino hearing date set
- On the Record: Today’s births, police items and district judge reports
Bounce Tuesday: 'Canes to face familiar foe in PIAA playoffs
The New Castle High basketball team is making some familiar stops on the PIAA playoff road. Next up: North Allegheny. Check out our game preview on The Bounce!Continued ...
- Larry Kelly: Different script, same ending to movie for 'Canes
- Clutch coach: Intense practices, focus on film and lessons learned from local legends all help Blundo mold ’Canes into a history-making program
- 'Canes capture third straight WPIAL title!
- WPIAL Playoffs: If you’re heading to ‘Canes game Saturday — better read this
- Bounce Tuesday: 'Canes to face familiar foe in PIAA playoffs
If you were a crustacean, would you feel pain?
A scientist and a seafood chef walk into a bar. "We have a mutual interest," says the scientist. "I study crustaceans and you cook them." But the chef wanted to know just one thing: Do the animals feel pain?Continued ...
How virus sleuths and public health officials track the cause of a mysterious illness
When a mysterious disease fells people - as happened in California recently, with as many as 20 children experiencing unexplained paralysis - teams of physicians and epidemiologists quickly mobilize. Perhaps you saw the movie "Contagion"? The idea is to find the culprit before it spreads but also to prevent public panic.Continued ...
First Apple, now Google hit with kids' app lawsuit
Last month, 4- and 5-year-old brothers in New York quickly spent $65.95 in real money to buy virtual goods in Marvel's Run Jump Splash game on the family tablet. They were able to rack up the charges without entering a password. And for that, the boys' mother has joined a class-action lawsuit filed Tuesday against Google, accusing the company of deceiving consumers about its in-app purchase system, which critics say makes it too easy for kids to spend money on their Android devices.Continued ...
- VIDEO: First month of Colorado pot legalization brought in $2M in tax revenue
- VIDEO: NHL game postponed after player collapses
- If you were a crustacean, would you feel pain?