Three more plead guilty in oxycodone ring
Three more New Castle residents pleaded guilty in federal court to a charge of violating the federal drug laws.Continued ...
Christopher Klingensmith, 38, of Vine Street, James Cracraft, 39, of Randolph Street and Thomas Klingensmith Jr., 40, of Bellair Drive, pleaded guilty to one count of conspiracy before U.S. District Judge Arthur J. Schwab.
U.S. Attorney David J. Hickton made the announcement Tuesday.
- South Side man faces gun, drug charges
- Bomb threat locks down jail
- Woman charged for assaulting 1-year-old
- Jail receives bomb threat
- Three more plead guilty in oxycodone ring
Want to keep a pit bull in Bessemer? Fork over $10,000
It will cost you more than $10,000 to keep a pit bull in Bessemer, starting July 1. Bessemer Borough Council unanimously revised its 25-year-old pit bull ordinance at a special meeting this week, updating fees to reflect current costs.Continued ...
- Audit: Children of New Castle school employees didn’t pay tuiton
- Vo-tech budget an issue for interim director
- Want to keep a pit bull in Bessemer? Fork over $10,000
Rotary celebrates, makes history
On a night when New Castle Rotary Club 89 celebrated its history, Gayle Young was making some of her own. Young, executive director of the United Way of Lawrence County, was recognized as the club’s first African American president in its 100-year existence.Continued ...
- Rotary club thriving after 100 years
- Electronics recycling to be regular event
- Making a Difference: For Reatha Gibbs, making money comes in a distant second to serving God
- Father’s Day 2013: With Dad turning 90, Presnars wade through streams of special fishing memories
- Rotary celebrates, makes history
‘The Couch Potato’: I hate to say it, but it’s hard not to like ‘The Bachelorette’
On most nights in the Couch Potato household, Mr. Couch Potato controls the remote from high atop his brown suede throne. Oh sure, the two little French Fries running around may get to watch “Doc McStuffins” or “The Mickey Mouse Club” before bed, but then it’s back to the DVR.Continued ...
- Gary Church: Don’t tell my wife, but I’m talking dirty today
- Lisa Madras: It wasn’t Nirvana, but it certainly was better
- ‘The Couch Potato’: I hate to say it, but it’s hard not to like ‘The Bachelorette’
Sarah Stright-Hartley: ‘With child’ doesn’t have to mean without style
Over the past month we've talked about wedding styles for women and wedding styles for men. I didn't want to leave out my pregnant ladies! Dressing for a wedding during the hottest months of the year while you're pregnant can be understandably difficult.Continued ...
- Kali Davies-Anderson: Ten things I’ve learned from my father
- Mitchel Olszak: Excuses for data sweep sound hollow
- Culinary Conversation: Lighter fare great during summer months
- Dave Ramsey: Offer settlement to creditors — not information
- Sarah Stright-Hartley: ‘With child’ doesn’t have to mean without style
Our Opinion: New Castle school tuition travesty? Enough is enough
New Castle’s taxpayers deserve an explanation. And some money. With the release of the latest Pennsylvania auditor general’s report on the city’s schools, it’s been revealed that some district employees abused taxpayers to the tune of more than $110,000.Continued ...
- State Street project to restrict local traffic
- Ellwood hires borough manager
- On The Record: Today’s police and district judge reports
- Bikers gather to honor lost loved ones
- Our Opinion: New Castle school tuition travesty? Enough is enough
NBA Finals: Allen comes up huge for Heat, forces Game 7
For years, Ray Allen’s routine has not changed. Show up for work hours earlier than just about everyone else, go onto the court and take hundreds of jump shots. It paid off for him last night.Continued ...
- High School Football: ’Canes to compete in national 7-on-7 competition
- U.S. Open: Justin Rose wins, more heartache for Mickelson
- NBA Finals: Ginobili sparks Spurs to victory
- Photos, Video, Story: Neshannock falls short in PIAA title game
- NBA Finals: Allen comes up huge for Heat, forces Game 7
VIDEO: NSA director says 50 plots foiled
General Keith Alexander says two recently disclosed surveillance programs on international communications are critical in the terrorism fight.Continued ...
Called 'Next Stephen Hawking,' teen is perfect on math exam: Physically challenged freshman visits classroom for first time to celebrate exam results
There's a wall on the third floor of Lewiston-Porter High School dedicated to celebrating perfect scores on state mathematics exams. A new name joined the growing list Tuesday, which brought a smile to the face of everyone involved.Continued ...
- Bakery mix-up goes viral after cat drawn on girl's head
- VIDEO: Rapper steps on American flag
- Facebook's organ donor status sends registrations soaring
- VIDEO: NSA director says 50 plots foiled