Man charged with throwing chair through windshield
Charges have been filed against a man accused of throwing a chair through the windshield of a moving car.
- Two injured in car-bus accident
- Woman faces charges in Ellwood City shootout
- Man arrested after chase
- Trailer burns in New Beaver
- Man charged with throwing chair through windshield
Census shows county population getting older
Lawrence County’s population continues to get older. However, it is not alone, as Pennsylvania overall is aging.Continued ...
- Councilman picks up tab to help lunch program
- Outreach: Churches plan to host picnic for residents of Crestview Gardens
- Census shows county population getting older
County to buy new office for Nicholson
Before the end of the year, the Lawrence County commissioners plan to move District Judge Jennifer Nicholson into new offices.Continued ...
- Portersville Steam Show summer event arrives
- Veterans seminar to view technology
- Part-time guard position created
- Mohawk senior Jared Gustafson elected nation FCCLA officer
- County to buy new office for Nicholson
The Couch Potato: "The Bachelorette" semi-live blog
Here we go folks: “The Bachelorette” finale is under way and of course we’re being inundated with sweeping helicopter shots of beaches and exotic locations while Chris Harrison is telling us how dramatic this upcoming episode will be. Classic opening for “The Bachelorette,” as always.Continued ...
- Greg Huston: Readers (a few anyway) respond on Alvarez
- Gary Church: As you may have noticed, I'm not Lisa
- The Couch Potato: "The Bachelorette" semi-live blog
Sarah Stright-Hartley: Get geared up for fall with these new trends
I know- you might not be in the frame of mind to think about fall. But with the cooler temperatures this week it has me longing for my favorite season. I've talked more than once about how layering is my favorite way to dress, so naturally fall is perfect for me.Continued ...
- Kali Davies-Anderson: Well that was the longest 6 seconds of my life...
- Mitchel Olszak: Playing impeachment politics
- Culinary Conversation: Summer doesn’t get any better than this
- Dave Says: Keep your hands off the 529
- Sarah Stright-Hartley: Get geared up for fall with these new trends
Attorney general warns of phone scams
Assorted scams in the commonwealth have prompted a warning from the Pennsylvania Attorney General’s Office. Attorney General Kathleen G. Kane said several scams have been reported to the Bureau of Consumer Protection in recent weeks.Continued ...
- Disabilities group unveils new icon
- Auditor: State doesn’t have enough inspectors to monitor wells
- Independent hopefuls may widen gubernatorial field
- John K. Manna: Measuring the money
- Attorney general warns of phone scams
Arsonists damage New Castle’s football field
With the New Castle football team just days away from the start of practice, vandals have hit Taggart Stadium. Someone set fire to artificial turf at the stadium and damaged a blocking sled the team uses in practice.Continued ...
- Big 10 commission noncommittal on Penn State sanction cuts
- Steelers LB Spence caps lengthy comeback
- Steelers' Wheaton eyeing chance after tough rookie year
- Harrison’s four hits leads Pirates past Rockies, 7-5
- Arsonists damage New Castle’s football field
An alarming threat to airlines that no one's talking about
It's been an abysmal year for the flying public. Planes have crashed in bad weather, disappeared over the Indian Ocean and tragically crossed paths with anti-aircraft missiles over Ukraine.Continued ...
Sharknado 2 set to attack viewers tonight: Original installment showed power of the B-movie
In the face of another "Sharknado" TV movie (the even-more-inane "Sharknado 2: The Second One," premiering Wednesday night on Syfy), there isn't much for a critic to say except to echo what the characters themselves so frequently scream when confronted by a great white shark spinning toward them in a funnel cloud:Continued ...
Spanx stretches into new territory with jeans, but promised magic is elusive
The Spanx empire of stomach-flattening, thigh-slimming, jiggle-reducing foundation garments has expanded to include what the brand promises is the mother of all body-shaping miracles: Spanx jeans.Continued ...
- Medical marijuana opponents' most powerful argument is at odds with a mountain of research
- Obama had crush on First Lady of Rock: Linda Ronstadt among 22 recipients of the National Medal of Arts
- An alarming threat to airlines that no one's talking about