Ellwood City man charged in third store robbery
An Ellwood City man is now accused in three armed holdups of convenience stores in Shenango and Slippery Rock townships.
- Man charged with assaulting, intimidating witness
- Woman found dead in ravine after Mahoning Township crash
- Locust Street in city closed for bridge project
- Man allegedly begs for drugs
- Ellwood City man charged in third store robbery
DeLorenzo’s status with authority unchanged
Deno DeLorenzo’s status as a contract employee with the New Castle Sanitation Authority remains unchanged. Authority board members met with DeLorenzo last week regarding an investigation by the Lawrence County district attorney’s office involving Shenango Township funds.Continued ...
- Detroit area man dies in Ellwood City gunfire
- Dipped downtown: Local evangelist Randy Crum returns to Neshannock Creek to perform baptisms
- DeLorenzo’s status with authority unchanged
Overcoming addiction theme of movie
The movie, “Anonymous People” will be shown at 7:30 p.m. July 30 at Westgate Cinemas.Continued ...
- Balloon Quest ready to soar again this weekend
- County pursuing funds for more boat launches
- FirstEnergy announces transmission line project
- County seeks safety money for courthouse
- Overcoming addiction theme of movie
The Couch Potato: Does "House of Cards" crumble or stand?
The old Couch Potato has been methodically working my way through the hit Netflix series, “House of Cards,” over the past few weeks and let me just say, it’s pretty good.Continued ...
- Gary Church: It was an uphill climb, but this driver was a real trooper
- Lisa Madras: I struggle with goodbyes, so I’ll just say ‘thank you’
- The Couch Potato: Does "House of Cards" crumble or stand?
Sarah Stright-Hartley: A diaper bag both mom and dad can get behind
I have an issue with diaper bags. Mainly- I hate them. Most of the ones that are out there for women are covered in flowers in brightly colored patterns. I am not a fan.Continued ...
- Kali Davies-Anderson: Things sure can be different a second time around
- Mitchel Olszak: Shenango has a new learning curve
- Culinary Conversation: It’s a hole new recipe with this banana pudding cake
- Dave Says: Don’t leave an estate with life insurance
- Sarah Stright-Hartley: A diaper bag both mom and dad can get behind
Coroner: Shooting victim hit by two bullets
An autopsy revealed a Detroit area man killed in an Ellwood City shootout had suffered two gunshot wounds. Only one was a fatal hit.Continued ...
- Schools strain from weight of rising pension costs
- Film, TV legend James Garner, reluctant hero, dies
- State lawmakers take more free, legal trips
- New Castle hires information technology director
- Coroner: Shooting victim hit by two bullets
Aloi's PIAA eligibility hearing postponed
The wait continues for Nick Aloi. Aloi, who transferred from Ellwood City Lincoln High to Lincoln Park Performing Arts Charter School on Jan. 21, still does not know if he will get to play a full season for the Leopards’ basketball teamContinued ...
- Polanco, Walker lift Pirates over Dodgers 12-7
- Manziel scores as NFL’s top-selling jersey
- Greg Huston: Pedro, Steelers' Training Camp and LeBron
- Pirates beat Rockies 5-3 for 3-game sweep
- Aloi's PIAA eligibility hearing postponed
Almost half of America's obese youth don't know they're obese
The good news is that after decades of furious growth, obesity rates finally seem to be leveling off in the U.S.. The bad news is that America's youth still appear to be dangerously unaware of the problem.Continued ...
Darth Vader is polling higher than all potential 2016 presidential candidates
On the other hand, with a net favorability of -8, Jar Jar is considerably more popular than the U.S. Congress, which currently enjoys a net favorability rating of -65.Continued ...
Llama on the loose corralled in Missouri town
A llama on the lam cruised Main Street Tuesday before it mistook a resident’s fenced backyard for a place to grab a meal and freshen up.Continued ...
- An oncologist uses scorpion venom to locate cancer cells
- VIDEO: Train collides with semi truck carrying lighter fluid
- Almost half of America's obese youth don't know they're obese